Request a Tutor
- During fall and spring terms, all sessions take place on campus and in-person. During the summer term, online sessions are available for those taking an online course.
- You must be registered at Iowa State for the undergraduate course for which you want a tutor.
- Tutoring takes place in groups of 2 to 5 students.
- Group tutoring costs $5 per session. However, financial assistance is available by requesting an alternate funding source when you apply.
- Tutees meet with their tutor twice a week for 50 minutes each session. During the summer term, students meet with their tutor three times a week for 50 minute sessions.
- Tutees should come prepared and ready to engage.
- Tutors will not provide direct answers to anything graded (homework, projects, quizzes, etc. )
- Learn more details here: Information about Requesting a Tutor
Become a Tutor
- Be enrolled as an Iowa State University undergraduate student
- Complete at least one (1) semester at Iowa State University
- Have an ISU cumulative GPA of 2.50
- Earn a grade of B or higher in course(s) you want to tutor taken here at Iowa State
- Tutors are not expected to replace class instruction, but to facilitate group study sessions and engage tutees in active learning strategies.
- Tutors can work flexible schedules but must commit at least 6 hours per week for the entire semester.
- Tutors earn $15 an hour.
- Learn more details on the Summer 2023 Tutor Position Description and Fall 2023 Tutor Position Description (coming soon).