Tutoring Services is a centralized academic support service consisting of peer-facilitated learning experiences for undergraduates interested in requesting or becoming a tutor at Iowa State University. We work with students to identify and mobilize resources that facilitate learning and promote success. We are dedicated to providing quality small group tutoring, consisting of 2 to 5 students, for many undergraduate courses. All tutors and tutees are currently enrolled students at Iowa State. Each tutoring group is led by a qualified peer tutor. Groups meet at a consistent day and time twice a week during the academic year and three times per week during the summer.
Tutoring Services is here to:
- Support retention efforts
- Aid with course grade improvement
- Improve college experience satisfaction
- Develop independent, self-direct learners
- Provide skills students can take with them for future success